Home

Monday, April 11, 2011

Creativity Leeches

Photobucket

Update! Wow, guys. It has been entirely too long. I swear, school and drama has really been dragging me down and sucking all my inspiration and creativity from the little artistic womb deep within the crevices of my brain folds. (<-- Do I get extra points for making that sound really disturbing?) I know what you're thinking. But Hunter, how can you have drama in your life when you have no life. Well, let me tell you my young prodigy. My life, yes, is rather peaceful. Not too many controversies. Not too many fights. Not too much boy drama. (I have to actually have a boy before I deal with the latter, but let's not talk about that.) I just made a huge decision that had me so stressed, my face turned into a minefield of pimples and I neared tears at even the mention of my name.

I had to choose between soccer and tennis. Again.

Again you say? Yes. Again. Last year, I chose soccer over tennis and almost immediately I regretted it. I've played soccer since I was wee big and it just seemed like the natural route for me- to play soccer for my Highschool all four years. Let me tell you, soccer sucked this year. Sure, we went undefeated, but what's the big deal if you can't even be happy about it, or if you didn't have fun getting to that point. This being said, I still had trouble switching to tennis. I'm obviously not as good as I used to be since I haven't been playing. If I don't make the team next year, I really don't know what I'll do. Honestly, my Sophomore year will be ruined.

Is it worth the risk? To be honest, I believe it is. Soccer has stressed me to borderline depression. Do I want to go back to that? Hell no. It's worth a few disappointed people to not have everything I love stripped from me.

And now that you know my current inner demons, I thought you'd like to know that I have, in fact, started a new project. It's called Canvases, and it's basically a... wing-it story. It's a much more cheerful story than some of my other darker pieces but it still has that teen angst that always nudges its way into my writing (C'mon, I can't help myself. I try to make my characters as believable as possible and what teen out there doesn't have some angst?)

Also, I'm considering trying to write a Fanfiction. I heard they're a lot harder to write than they seem to be, and I think it would be fun to try it out. I'd probably go with a post-Mockingjay (from the Hunger Games Trilogy) type story, mainly based around the blossoming of love between Peeta and Katniss. Or maybe a Percabeth? Not official yet, but it's stirring around in my noggin.

And one other thing. I was thinking of putting chapter 1 of The Labyrinth on here. If you don't know, it's a novel I've started about a group of twenty-five honors kids going on a school sponsored leadership camping trip. They decide to sneak out of camp and go to the carnival they passed on the way out of town. The carnival itself is creepy enough, but for the last scare of the night, they decide to go into a maze. Little do they realize, only one will make it out. The writing's still a work-in-progress but I'm definately considering posting the first chapter.

Anyways, sorry for the lack of activity. I promise I'll start updating more often. But right now, I'm in a swamp swarming with creativity leeches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Please Read

I do not own ANY of the pictures I use on my blog (except for the ones of me or unless I specify that I have, indeed, drawn them). I have just started to get sources, so the next pictures (excluding gifs) will have a source or credit. I give all credit to the wonderful artists out there who have created the images I use.